Pakistan, China narrative on bus blast identical: Interior Minister
ISLAMABAD, July 19: China and Pakistan have agreed that their narrative should be the same on the bus blast in the Kohistan area that left 12 people, including nine Chinese, dead, Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed said on Sunday afternoon.
Speaking at a news conference here, the minister said the two allies recognise the mutual ties between the two countries are unbreakable and such incidents cannot break them apart.
The bus incident occurred on Wednesday, when the bust ferrying staff members to the place of work fell into a ditch after an exposition, killing 13 people including nine Chinese and two Frontier Constabulary (FC) personnel.
A team of Chinese investigators reached Islamabad on Friday to probe into the Kohistan bus tragedy. The team met senior Pakistani government officials after their arrival in the federal capital. The Chinese investigators also visited the accident site on Saturday and received a briefing from the Pakistani security officials.
Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed said the 15-member Chinese scrutiny committee had visited Dasu to probe into the bus blast incident in the Kohistan district.
“The Chinese investigators reached Dasu by helicopter. They are being hosted by the interior ministry, while the army and agencies of the armed forces are probing the incident,” he added.
Ahmed said the Pakistani and the Chinese investigators were probing jointly to reach a conclusion. “China has appreciated the hospitality of the interior ministry and the cooperation of the country's investigation agencies,” he remarked. China, he said, acknowledges that Pakistan is fulfilling its responsibilities beyond its capacity.
Ahmed rejected the notion that work at Dasu had been stopped following the incident. “The projects of CPEC are in full swing and these will remain undeterred,” he maintained.